Further Investigation Required is the 14th level of Monolith's Game of the Year The Operative: No One Lives Forever. It is a training level that prepares the player for the upcoming mission Safecracker.
Well done Agent Archer. You may redeem yourself yet. In the meantime, don't get cocky. There's still work to be done.
Command will fill you in on the details. Report there immediately.
After Cate's interview with the Baron, Command is not sure whether or not he was putting on an act. Cate is quite certain that !the man is an imbecile". Nonetheless it is clear that Dumas Industrial Enterprises is somehow linked to H.A.R.M..
Archer and Goodman's next assignment is to infiltrate the "Dumas Towers" (the Baron's corporate headquarters) and retrieve the contents of the safe. The means of infiltration involves Cate accessing the building via the neighboring construction site which should be easier than sneaking in through the lobby. On her way up, Goodman will create a diversion to distract most of the security guards. After briefing, Cate reports to the training facility, where she familiarizes herself with the latest safecracking infiltration equipment.
Meanwhile, in an unspecified location, the three "Hip Chicks" are once again complaining of how bored they are...
- Sphinx Series M Code Breaker
- Infrared Scanner as accessory to the Spy Glasses
Notes & Inside ReferencesEdit
- This is the last time Tom Goodman is seen in the Briefing Room.
- After hearing the name of the Executive President of Dumas Enterprises, "Damascus Valentine", Cate suspects that due to the initials D.V. it is possibly a pseudonym used by Dmitrij Volkov. This suspicion is never confirmed or mentioned again.
- Mr. Jones's stated reason for sending Cate into the building has to do with her notorious past as a master cat burglar.