|Good Luck and God Speed|
Low Earth Orbit
"Good Luck and God Speed" is a level in the award-winning video game: The Operative: No One Lives Forever. It is the very last briefing/training level of the game and prepares the player for the game's grand conclusion in the form of the upcoming "Alpine Quartet", commencing with Alpine Intrigue.
You have the antidote, but you still don't know to whom you should administer it. The next step will be the most uncertain so far. It will also be the most critical. The price of failure will be measured in innocent blood.
Mr. Jones commends Archer's efforts and success in retrieving the antidote. Smithy and Dr. Schenker return with the positive news that the sample is viable. The question of who the intended victims are is still a cause for concern as there are no leads in that regard other than Cate's suspicion of Baroness Dumas' involvement. As they are in want of a better plan, Cate decides to follow her intuition and head to the Chateau Dumas in the German Alps, where they are currently spending their holidays. Before heading out on her most challenging mission yet, Cate learns how to drive a snowmobile.
Once again, in an unspecified location, the three "Hip Chicks" complain for a third time of how bored they are...
- Cate Archer
- Mr. Jones
- Mr. Smith
- Dr. Schenker (final appearance)
- Santa (final appearance)
- Elite Guard
- This level marks the last appearance of the recurring character Dr. Schenker in this game. He features again in the sequel in which he is elevated to the status of a supporting character, working as a leading scientist and medical doctor for UNITY in its Headquarters.
- Apart from reading out the "Briefing" at the start of each level, Santa also makes his final appearance in this level. He also returns in the sequel, although by means of a new invention: the Mark-7 Mechanized Mynah Bird, a small robot through which he can effectively communicate with Archer in the field.
- The Elite Guard make their third and final appearance in the recurring "I'm bored" cutscene. The player will interact with them in the upcoming mission A Very Large Explosion
- While it's still only September, the driving course outside the Training Facility is already covered with snow. Considering the fact that it is a course designed to practice driving snowmobiles, it is likely to be artificial material used specifically for this purpose.
|The Operative: No One Lives Forever missions|
|Previous Mission: Low Earth Orbit - Next Mission: Alpine Intrigue|